Sunday, June 9, 2013

Let me introduce myself!

My name is Heather. I am a mother of two wonderful girls. I also have a fiance named Craig who is my right hand man and my muscle. I am starting this blog because I have this huge desire to become self-sufficient and start my own mini farm on my 2.1 acres of property out in the country. I've always enjoyed making things grow but I want to step it up. I like knowing where my food comes from and having some kind of control of what is going into my family's body. I could rant on this all day because I am very passionate about it.

I am a newbie as far as homesteading is concerned so I am not an expert. I do like trying new things and taking a chance. If it doesn't work out then I move on. My dream for my little property is to have a bigger vegie garden, install an orchard, have honey bees, and maybe down the road have a couple of milk goats. Right now I don't have much. I have eight chickens and three guinea fowl. So far we are getting two eggs a day and the birds are an absolute delight. We also have a puny little 4x8 raised garden bed and three blueberry bushes we just planted.

I also like to do some crafting. So not all my posts are going to be about playing in the dirt. I like doing cross stitch, crocheting, and some light sewing. I got to have something to do during the winter months.

I'm hoping to post on a regular basis because it is growing season and soon all my hens are going to be laying. I'm willing to share my triumphs and my failures. I also welcome any advice anyone is willing to give. I hope you enjoy and I hope to be able to inspire more people into living more self-sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment